Not every day can be spent soaking up the sun on a warm, breezy beach. Bring the taste of the islands to you this spring with one of these deliciously low-maintenance boat drinks. Make it in a tall glass or an icy cool pitcher — either way, these boat drinks are a fun way to get the party started.
Pink Peach Palmer
Modeled after the legendary Arnold Palmer (iced tea and lemonade), this recipe gives you a classic with a boozy twist — all thanks to a splash of coconut rum. Use pink lemonade instead of regular to sweeten things up.
Sweetened peach tea
1-2 shots coconut rum
- Pour half pink lemonade and half peach tea into a glass over ice, leaving room for liqueur.
- Add 1-2 shots of coconut rum, such as Malibu. Stir.
- Garnish with a slice of lemon.
Calling all parrotheads! Crank the Jimmy Buffett tunes and make yourself a Hurricane. Three ingredients are all you need to make this deceivingly alcoholic drink. I recommend using guava, mango or pineapple juice for extra tropical flavor.
1 shot light rum
1 shot dark rum
- Combine ingredients in a cocktail glass over ice.
- Garnish with a pineapple wedge or other favorite fruit.
Bottoms up! Head south of the equator with Brazil's national cocktail: the caipirinha. The secret to its authenticity is cachaca — a spirit distilled from sugarcane. Light, lime-y and totally refreshing, this drink is perfect for chilling out.
1.5 shots Cachaca 51
2 teaspoons sugar
- Using a muddler (or spoon), smash the lime and sugar together in a glass.
- Add ice, then pour cachaca over and stir.