One Des Moines movie theater has stepped into the national spotlight.
The Fleur Cinema & Cafe was recognized by Cosmopolitan as the "coolest movie theater in Iowa" in its rankings of the coolest movie theaters in every state.
The theater, which opened in October 2001, has been known by locals as a destination for "thought-provoking, award-worthy films, including foreign, documentary and quality Hollywood releases," according to a news release Tuesday.
- This Iowa movie theater is the oldest of its kind in the entire world
- Under new ownership, 3 local theaters get new names
- How a mother and her daughter saved an Iowa movie theater
- Ankeny's Prairie Trail entertainment center to include a theater, bowling alley
Cosmopolitan said: "This locally-owned business screens independent, foreign and Hollywood films that Des Moines residents can't always find at a typical chain. They can also enjoy beer, wine, coffee, espresso, cheesecake, muffins and dessert bars at the cafe."
The Fleur Cinema & Cafe
- Where: 4545 Fleur Drive, Des Moines
- Phone: 515-287-4545
- Online: fleurcinema.com
- Social media:Facebook.com/FleurCinema; @FleurCinema