Maesi Caes went from small town to the big stage when she auditioned for "Dance Moms" this July. The Register
Maesi Caes is a viral dancing sensation who the internet just can't get enough of right now — even one year after a video of the seventh-grader from Altoona performing her signature move hit social media timelines.
Recently, Cosmopolitan featured Caes, 12, and shared the clip on its Facebook page, accumulating more than 510,000 views. It shows the spunky Caes doing the "Whack Back," where she jumps and lands on the floor, balances her weight on the palms of her hands, opens her legs into a split and thrusts her feet behind her head.
No, you certainly shouldn't try this while you're breaking it down at home.
The video, originally posted on Caes' Instagram account Oct. 28, 2016, has more than 1.7 million views.
Here's what the move looks like:
Caes started dancing at the Becky Nalevanko Dance and Tumbling studio in Pleasant Hill when she was just 3 years old. She’s made appearances on "America’s Got Talent" as well as "The Ellen DeGeneres Show," and she even performed on stage alongside Justin Bieber when he came to Des Moines last year.
Caes has also appeared on the Lifetime reality-TV series "Dance Moms." Her mother, Jaime Caes, told the Register in December 2016 that the process with everything hasn't been easy, but it's been definitely worth it.
"The most rewarding experience out of this whole life-changing situation that we went through was to see my daughter shine," Jaime Caes said then. "It never gets old."
You can read more about Maesi Caes here.
Interested in trending Iowa news? Follow @AaYoung15 on Twitter.
More people bustin' a move:
- Mascot's incredible dance moves steal the show
- Policeman dazzles with dance moves at London's Notting Hill Carnival
- This granny busting a move will make your day
- Dance off? Not a problem for this cop!
Thanks for flying Southwest...please direct your attention to the cute toddler in the walkway and give him a fist bump. HUMANKIND
This is the heart-warming moment a big brother meets his new-born baby sibling for the first time and can’t stop hugging and showering him with kisses. Wochit
Christian is a fun-loving boy with a huge smile. He was born with no eyes due to a severe cleft, but his mom is raising him to be confident and independent. Humankind
A rare blood disorder, two bone marrow transplants, and multiple complications can't stop little Leah from dancing and singing. Humankind
When you and your bestie get on a video call for a catch-up session. HUMANKIND
Video credit: Helen Polise/Muthership Productions. "It's okay to be different" says Brooke Davis of her Cerebral Palsy. Humankind
7-year-old Mason has developmental issues but his spirit is so bright, he makes everyone around him smile. Video shot by Brian Johnston, Asbury Park (N.J.) Press. HUMANKIND
Brian felt an instant connection with Hattie when he saw her adoption photo. She had a cleft lip, just like he did. He vowed to give her the life she deserved. Humankind
Judge Frank Caprio has sat on the bench in Rhode Island’s Providence Municipal Court since 1985. His rulings are compassionate and kind, and he regularly offers valuable advice. Humankind
When his family feeds an ostrich out of their car window, this little boy can't get enough. Humankind
15-year-old Amari danced in his hospital bed shortly after his heart transplant surgery. He received a new heard from an organ donor, which saved his life. Humankind
You can’t get mad at tiny troublemakers like Leroy and Maverick as they team up for hijinks around the house. Humankind
14-year-old Kylee Yarnell didn't let an ovarian cancer diagnosis stop her from keeping up with track, gymnastics, and 8th grade. Humankind
One brother is incredibly pleased with the gender reveal results. The other brother? Not so much… HUMANKIND
For this teen who spends every day in a wheelchair, water skiing on the lake is almost as great as Christmas. Not quite, but almost. Video shot by Rob Schumacher/The Republic. HUMANKIND
Mothers-to-be dressed as Disney princesses for a magical photo shoot. Now, one of those moms has welcomed her own little baby princess. HUMANKIND
- Toddler makes passengers smile with adorable fist bumps
- The heart-melting moment a toddler meets his little brother
- Mom fights for son born with no eyes
- Adorable little girl sings and dances through her sickness
- Babies chat on a video call
- Young fashionista gets special clothes
- 7-year-old faces health challenges but still makes everyone smile
- Dad with cleft lip adopts baby just like him
- Judge allows kid to choose dad's punishment
- Kid laughing at ostrich is pure joy
- Teen dances with joy after getting a new heart
- Toddler and dog team up for all sorts of trouble
- 14-year-old athlete keeps performing despite ovarian cancer diagnosis
- Brothers have extreme opposite reactions to gender reveal result
- Teen who spends each day in wheelchair flies on the water
- Disney mom gives birth to baby Belle