The British are coming! Well ... at least one Brit is coming to Des Moines on July 21. ICYMI: Legendary songwriter and former Beatle Paul McCartney is making his return to Iowa this summer. Get all the details on the summer's must-see show here. Now, for non-McCartney entertainment options ...
The long and winding road of Sir Paul's "One on One" tour, launched a year ago, now leads to the door of the Prudential Center. The legendary singer, songwriter and Beatles co-founder has booked a new date at the Newark venue on Sept. 11, the arena's management announced Tuesday morning. Wochit
The most wonderful time of the year.
It's almost farmers' market season, Des Moines. Too long we've lived without savory breakfast burritos, sweet pasty treats and two-block long lines for coffee. What's different at this year's market? Forty-seven new vendors, for starters. Get all your need-to-know market info from this Juice story. The first downtown farmers' market takes over Court Ave. on May 6.
Who exactly are the Chainsmokers?
Pop music's latest overnight sensation hits the Wells Fargo Arena in downtown Des Moines this Sunday. Why and how did this group become so popular? Learn by reading the five things you need to know before seeing The Chainsmokers.
Happy hour highlight:
- Found out why Ceviche Bar is your next must-try East Village spot in this week's Datebook Diner review.
- From op-eds to lobbying, YPC and The Register's "NEXT: Your Voice" event on May 2 is designed to help young professionals learn how to get their voices heard by their community and elected officials. Learn more now.
Don't let the rain slow your weekend down ...
- Friday: A live dose of "Whose Line Is It Anyway?" invades the Des Moines Civic Center. Details at dpma.org.
- Satuday: The two best things in the world to consume before 8 a.m., coffee and doughnuts, collide for the first annual Des Moines Coffee and Donut Festival. Details at sevenflagseventscenter.com.
- Satuday: Celebrate local music with the Des Moines Music Coalition-led Gross Domestic Product music festival. Details at desmoinesmc.com.