What you need to know about Iowa's Premier Beer, Wine and Food Expo
Chef's Gwen Page, Sean Wilson and Wade Thompson talk about the hard work it takes to live your dream. Des Moines Register
Iowa's Premier Beer, Wine and Food Expo will be taking over Des Moines this weekend.
The expo is presented by Hy-Vee Friday and Saturday and is celebrating its 12th anniversary. Tickets include food, beer and wine samples from some of Midwest's restaurants, breweries and wineries.
With over 120 vendors scheduled, the Register has what you need to know for the upcoming exhibition.
Chefs and speakers
Chefs and speakers will include Marc Carrigan of Foley Family Wines, Jordan W. Brooks of Bottle + Bottega Des Moines and award-winning cake designer Sara Vanderheyden, who is featured on Hy-Vee’s HSTV series “Cake This!”
Other chefs & speakers include:
- Jonathan Cook - Iowa Events Center
- Edi Cucurullo - host of the HSTV series "EDItalian"
- Matt Drennan - Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
- Stu Hemesath - Iowa Brewers Union
- Iowa Wine Growers Association
- Joel Magad - Foley Family Wines
- Raul Murillo - Iowa Events Center
- Jeff Naples - host of Hy-Vee’s HSTV series “The Beard Behind the Bar”
- James E. Neely - Bottle + Bottega Des Moines
- Geneviève M. Salamone - Musician
- Tony Schubert - Iowa Brewers Union
- Eric Selander - Confluence Brewing Company
- Joshua Sinclair - Musician
To learn more about the chefs and speakers, click HERE.
Beer and Wine
- 1717 Brewing
- Ardon Creek Vineyard & Winery
- Atomic Brands
- Babe Wine
- Barefoot Wine
- Bell's Brewery
- Big Grove Brewery
- Big Lost Meadery
- Blue Marble Cocktails
- Breckenridge Brewery
- Bur Oak Brewing Company
- Confluence Brewing Company
- Constellation Brands — Wine
- Crook & Marker
- Cutwater Cocktails/Fling Cocktails
- Davos Brands
- Delicato Family Wines
- Deschutes Brewery
- Doll Distributing
- Duvel USA
- Empyrean Brewing Co.
- Exile Brewing Company
- Fenders Brewing
- Firetrucker Brewery
- Foley Family Wines
- Founders Brewing Co.
- Freixenet/Mionetto USA
- Global Wines
- High Noon Sun Sips
- Iowa Beverage System
- Iowa Brewers Union
- Iowa Wine Grower's Association
- Jackson Family Wines
- John Anthony Family of Wines
- Lagunitas Brewing Company
- Leftie Wine Co.
- Loon Juice
- Mark Anthony
- Martin Ray Winery
- Mike's Hard Lemonade
- Mistress Brewing Company
- Moët Hennessy USA
- New Belgium Brewing Company
- New Holland Brewing Company
- NoCoast Beer Co.
- Oak Ridge Winery
- Odell Brewing Company
- Okoboji Wines
- O'Neill Vintners & Distillers
- Pabst Brewing Co.
- Pacific Highway Wines & Spirits
- Peace Tree Brewing Co.
- Phillips Distributing
- Precept Wine
- Prestige Beverage Group
- Reclaimed Rails Brewing Company
- Respire 1 LLC.
- Shaw Ross International Importers
- Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
- SingleSpeed Brewing
- Social Sparkling Wine
- Southwest Wines
- Ste. Michelle Wine Estates
- Strawberry Hills
- Surly Brewing Co.
- The Beverage Spectrum
- The Boston Beer Co.
- The Cellar Winery at White Oak
- The Wine Group
- Treasury Wine Estates
- Vines to Wines
- Western Sun
- WX Brands
- Baratta's Des Moines Italian Restaurant
- Blaze Pizza
- Bravo! Cucina Italiana
- The Cluck N' Coop/Ice Cream Cart
- Dino's Bar & Grill
- Flix Brewhouse
- Fresh Café and Market
- Fresh Mediterranean Express
- Granite City Food & Brewery
- Karam's Mediterranean Grill
- Mama Mia's
- On the Border Mexican Grill & Cantina
- Panka Peruvian Restaurant
- Park Street Kitchen
- Roberto's Pizza
- AH JEEZ
- Bath Planet of Central Iowa
- Bottle & Bottega Des Moines
- Cabot Creamery Cooperative
- Cutco Cutlery
- The Des Moines Register
- Embrace Life Chiropractic
- Eren's Nails & Spa
- Fusion Boutique
- Hy-Vee Bakery
- Hy-Vee Blender Bike + Healthy U Mobile Unit
- Hy-Vee Basin
- Hy-Vee Delicatessen
- Hy-Vee Hickory House
- Hy-Vee Market Grille
- Hy-Vee Mia Pizza
- Key Potential Chiropractic
- LeafFilter North of Iowa, LLC
- Norwalk Chiropractic
- Prairie Farms — Cheese Division
- Renewal By Andersen of Des Moines
- Sweet Swirls Rolled Ice Cream
- The Travel Center
Hy-Vee Food Stage
- 6-7 p.m.: Hy-Vee Chef & Sommelier Edi Cucurullo, host of HSTV series "EDItalian"
- 7:30-8:30 p.m.: Master Mixologist Jeff Naples, host of the HSTV series "The Beard Behind the Bar"
Bottle & Bottega Des Moines Stage
- 4-6 p.m.: Entertainment by Geneviéve Salamone
- 6-7 p.m.: Joel Magad & Marc Carrigan, Foley Family Wines
- 7:30-8:30 p.m.: Eric Selander, Confluence Brewing Company
- Cheers, Iowa! A VIP Experience
- 5–7 p.m.: Chef Jonathan Cook & Chef Raul Murillo, Iowa Events Center
Namaste for Champagne presented by Soleil Mimosa
- 11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m.: Namaste for Champagne includes an hour of yoga taught by Powerlife Yoga, unlimited Soleil Mimosas, champagne, unlimited brunch bites provided by Fresh Café & Market, and more.
Hy-Vee + Food Stage
- 2–3 p.m.: Hy-Vee Cake Designer Sara Vanderheyden, featured on the HSTV series "Cake This!"
- 3:30–4:30 p.m.: Hy-Vee Chef & Sommelier Edi Cucurullo, host of HSTV series "EDItalian"
- 5–5:30 p.m.: Cake / Floral Winner Announcement
- 5:30–6:30 p.m.: Master Mixologist Jeff Naples, host of the HSTV series "The Beard Behind the Bar"
Bottle + Bottega Des Moines Stage
- 2–3 p.m.: James E. Neely & Jordan W. Brooks, Bottle & Bottega Des Moines
- 3:30–4:30 p.m.: Iowa Wine Grower's presents Grape Stomping Competition with Luke & Amy of KIOA Morning Show and Wheel of Meat with Moose & Nadia of LAZER 103.3
- 5:30–6:30 p.m.: Tony Schubert & Stu Hemesath, Iowa Brewers Union
- 6:30–8 p.m.: Entertainment by Joshua Sinclair
Cheers, Iowa! A VIP Experience
- 2–4 p.m. Chef Matt Drennan, Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
- 5–7 p.m. Chef Matt Drennan, Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
- Designated Driver Ticket — $25
- Full Price GA — $40
- Cheers, Iowa! A VIP Experience — $100
- Namaste for Champagne — $45
Tickets are still available for purchase.
Hy-Vee Hall at the Iowa Events Center, 730 Third St., Des Moines, Iowa 50309
Parking for the event is available north of the Iowa Events Center with entrances off of Third Street, Crocker Street, and Fifth Avenue. The center provides easy access to I-235 and other major routes. Americans with Disabilities Act parking is available at the Iowa Events Center by entering the lot south of Crocker Street, next to the Community Choice Credit Union Convention Center.
The cost for parking is $10 for cars and trucks, $20 for large trucks like snow blades, and $40 for RVs and buses. Overnight parking is not available in Iowa Events Center lots. Vehicles will be towed.
Street parking downtown:
Street parking is accessible throughout downtown with parking meters. Be mindful of the location and rates as meters have various time limits and parking restrictions during certain times.
City parking garages are located throughout downtown with skywalk access to the center. Payment for city garages is collected each time of entrance to the garage.Cost varies.
For directions, click HERE.
Sierra Porter covers entertainment for the Des Moines Register. She can be contacted at email@example.com.