Enjoy exclusive specials from 10 popular restaurants during restaurant week in Clive
A few common spices are all you need to mimic the flavor of a Starbucks PSL. Reviewed.com
Get your appetites ready for another metro restaurant week filled with plenty of specials and hot deals.
Clive locals and visitors can take advantage of specials from 10 participating venues during the 10-day event, which means attendees can visit an old favorite or find a new hidden gem.
As an added benefit, diners can enter to win prizes, including a 2019 family pass to the Clive Aquatic Center, as well as gifts cards to participating businesses.
Participating venues include
- 5 Borough Bagels - 13435 University Ave., Ste. 300, Clive; (515) 809-1807; 5boroughbagels.com
- 515 Brewing Company - 7700 University Ave., Clive; (515) 661-4615; 515brewing.com
- Coaches Kolaches - 8527 University Blvd., Ste. 1, Clive, (515) 381-0219
- Granite City Food & Brewery - 12801 University Ave., Clive; (515) 224-1300; gcfb.com
- Jersey Mike’s Subs - 12851 University Ave., Ste. 200, Clive; (515) 224-1000; jerseymikes.com
- Nothing Bundt Cakes - 1255 N.W. 128th St., Ste. 300, Clive; (515) 223-2239; nothingbundtcakes.com
- The Other Place - 12401 University Ave., Clive; (515) 225-9494; theotherplace.com
- Qdoba Mexican Eats - 10201 University Ave., Ste. A19, Clive; (515) 440-3885; qdoba.com
- Trostel’s Dish - 12851 University Ave., Clive; (515) 221-3474; dishtrostels.com
- Wobbly Boots Roadhouse - 1301 N.W. 114th St., Clive; (515) 223-5700; wobblybootsroadhouse.com
Specials and Deals
Here is the list of the specials and deals for participating restaurants during Clive Restaurant Week.
5 Borough Bagels
The Pho Bagel Sandwich with roast beef, bean sprouts, cilantro, sliced onions and Pho Special Sauce on your choice of bagel for $8.50.
515 Brewing Company
Order the Flight Special: four 5-ounce beer tasters for $5. Those who would like to take part need to only mention, “I’d like the Clive Restaurant Week Flight Special, please."
Buy two kolaches and ge—t one free or get eight kolaches for $20.18 (excludes sweets).——
Granite City Food & Brewery
Lunch and dinner special: Order two items from the features menu for $20. During happy hour, get two Happy Hour menu items for $5. Happy hours: Monday through Friday, 3-6 p.m. and 9 p.m.-12 a.m.; Saturday and Sunday, 12-5 p.m.
Jersey Mike’s Subs
Lunch and dinner special: Feed four people by ordering two giant (15-inch) hot or cold sub sandwiches, four 22-ounce fountain beverages and four bags of chips for $20.99.
Nothing Bundt Cakes
Spend $25 on four sizes of bundt cakes available in 10 flavors and get $5 off
The Other Place
Order a 16-inch one-topping pizza and cheesy breadsticks for $20.18.
Qdoba Mexican Eats
For lunch, buy any entree and get a free order of chips and queso. For dinner, order any two entrees, two drinks and chips and queso for $20.18.
Choose an appetizer and an entrée or choose an entrée and a dessert. The appetizer is pesto gnocchi — fried gnocchi with walnut pesto and arugula. Entree choices are shredded pork dumplings with red cabbage purée and pickled radishes; or get the polenta and mushrooms with arugula and a balsamic reduction. For dessert, enjoy housemade chocolate ice cream with chocolate meringue and whipped cream.
Wobbly Boots Roadhouse
Order the Smoked Reuben Sandwich with choice of side and cornbread for $9.99.
How to win prizes
To be entered for prizes, simply download and print the official Clive Restaurant Week Passport at www.clivechamber.org or pick one up at any participating restaurant.
Be sure to get your passport stamped at each venue you visit during Clive Restaurant Week to win prizes:
- Receive 3 stamps – 1 entry to win prizes
- Receive 4 to 6 stamps – 2 entries to win prizes
- Receive 7 to 9 stamps – 3 entries to win prizes
- Receive all 10 stamps – 5 entries to win prizes
Complete the passport with your clearly printed name, address, phone number and email, and mail to Clive Chamber of Commerce, 1900 NW 114th Street, Clive, IA 50325. Entries must be received by October 25. Winners will be selected and contacted by email on October 26.
Visit clivechamber.org/community/cliverestaurantweek for official rules, participating venues, specials and additional details. Clive Restaurant Week can be found on Facebook and by following @clivechamber on Instagram and Twitter. You can also share your Clive Restaurant Week experience by using #CliveRestaurantWeek.
Be sure to bookmark these frequently-updated dining guides:
- The 2018 West Des Moines restaurant guide
- The ultimate list of local Ankeny restaurants
- The essential East Village dining guide
- Where to eat in downtown Des Moines