You can now find Tasty Tacos seasoning blend in local grocery stores
With this $15 tortilla press you can make tortillas that are better—and cheaper—than any you can buy at the store.
Do you have a craving for Tasty Tacos, but you don't want to leave the house?
You can now find Tasty Tacos' taco seasoning mix at your local Hy-Vee store.
Tasty Tacos posted the announcement on its Facebook page on Wednesday.
"Its official," the business wrote. "You can now buy Tasty Tacos Taco Seasoning at your local Hy-Vee! Stock up for your holiday parties!!"
The seasoning is a blend of chili peppers, garlic, cumin, salt and other spices that Tasty Tacos uses to make its tacos taste, well, tasty.
Be sure to bookmark these frequently-updated dining guides:
- Where to find Mexican food in the metro
- The dining guide to the East Side for 2019
- The ultimate list of local Ankeny restaurants
- The 2018 West Des Moines restaurant guide
The directions are simple — just add one packet of seasoning, one pound of ground beef and 1/4 cup water to a large skillet, brown and drain. And you can optionally add one 16-ounce drained can of pinto beans.
The seasoning is also sold on the Tasty Tacos website and includes three 0.7-ounce packets for $5.25.
A family-owned and operated regional taco chain, Tasty Tacos had its start in 1961 by Richard and Antonia Mosqueda. There are now six locations across the Des Moines metro.
- 1400 E. Grand Ave., Des Moines; (515) 266-4242
- 5847 SE 14th St, Des Moines; (515) 285-1946
- Cobblestone Marketplace, 8549 Hickman Rd., Urbandale; (515) 331-2000
- 2900 E. Euclid Ave., Des Moines; (515) 262-1100
- 2401 S.E. Delaware Ave., Ankeny; (515) 964-2400
- 6326 Mills Civic Pkwy., West Des Moines; (515) 226-1300
Hours: Monday through Saturday, 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.; closed Sundays.