Dine at 19 restaurants across the west side during Eat Week in West Des Moines
Warmer weather means it’s time to get grilling. Here are 5 tips from top chefs for grilling the perfect steak. Buzz60's Sean Dowling has more. Buzz60
Get ready to feast your way around the west side of the metro for 10 days.
Eat Week in West Des Moines will take place from April 26 to May 5. Nineteen restaurants will participate in this inaugural restaurant showcase, featuring a wide range of dining choices and cuisines.
Hosted by the West Des Moines Chamber of Commerce, diverse eateries all over West Des Moines including coffee shops, burger restaurants, wine bars, sports pubs, fine dining restaurants and bistros will be serving special menus to put their best “food” forward.
Here are the 19 participating restaurants for Eat Week in West Des Moines:
- Bar Louie: 7105 Mills Civic Pkwy., Ste. 150, West Des Moines
- BeerStyles Taproom & Gastropub: 5513 Mills Civic Pkwy., West Des Moines
- Bonefish Grill: 650 S. Prairie View Dr., West Des Moines
- BRAVO Cucina Italiana: 120 S. Jordan Creek Pkwy., West Des Moines
- Dino’s Bar & Grill: 5962 Ashworth Rd, West Des Moines
- Firebirds Wood Fired Grill: 440 S. 68th St., West Des Moines
- Fire Creek: 800 S. 50th St., #110, West Des Moines
- Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar: 150 S. Jordan Creek Pkwy., West Des Moines
- Gastro Grub & Pub: 1378 E. Hickman Rd., Waukee
- Gilroy's Kitchen + Pub + Patio: 1238 8th St., West Des Moines
- Hy-Vee Market Grille: 555 S. 51st St., West Des Moines
- Hy-Vee Market Grille: 1990 Grand Ave., West Des Moines
- Hy-Vee Market Grille: 1725 Jordan Creek Pkwy., West Des Moines
- Hy-Vee Market Grille: 1700 Valley West Drive, West Des Moines
- Johnny’s Italian Steakhouse: 6075 Mills Civic Parkway, West Des Moines
- Mac Shack: 1551 Valley West Dr., Ste. 253, West Des Moines
- Union 29: 101 Jordan Creek Pkwy., Ste. 12520, West Des Moines
- Vino209 Wine Café: 209 5th St., West Des Moines
- Wahlburgers: 7105 Mills Civic Pkwy., #160, West Des Moines
West Des Moines celebrates its unique and diverse dining community with the inaugural Eat Week from Friday, April 26 through Sunday, May 5, 2019.
Be sure to bookmark these frequently-updated special dining features:
- The 2019 West Des Moines restaurant list
- Dash to these Drake neighborhood eateries
- Des Moines dining: Oldest restaurants where you can still grab a bite
- Where to dine on the East Side
Special lunch and dinner menus are offered for fixed prices by many of the participating locations.
Eat Week allows diners to experience the restaurants of West Des Moines — both old favorites and new discoveries. On Eat Week's website, diners can use the restaurant list and search function and search by cuisine, services or location
Be sure to confirm hours and restrictions with each restaurant for both lunch and dinner promotions.
Not all restaurants accept reservations. For those that do, making reservations is strongly recommended as these restaurants will fill up fast. Restaurants using OpenTable for reservations will have a link provided as part of their listing.
Diners are encouraged to pick up a passport at the West Des Moines Chamber of Commerce or any participating restaurant.
With each dining experience, your name is entered into a prize drawing when you order from a participating restaurant’s featured menu. Passports are stamped and each stamp collected is an additional entry into the Eat Week drawing.
To gain even more entries, check in at the restaurant on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter with the hashtag #WDMEatWeek. For more information, visit wdmeatweek.com.
At the end of Eat Week, be sure to turn in your passport to the West Des Moines Chamber or a participating restaurant. The deadline for drop off is 4 p.m. on May 6, 2019. One lucky winner will be randomly selected to receive enough gift cards to eat out every month for a year.