Grand opening celebration of The Foundry building in Valley Junction takes place Saturday
Foundry Distilling Co. opening in West Des Moines Rodney White, firstname.lastname@example.org
The rebirth of this historic building in West Des Moines as a drinking and dining destination is now complete.
The grand opening celebration of The Foundry at Valley Junction will take place from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday at 111 S. 11th St. in West Des Moines.
There's now a distillery, a food and beverage hall and a nonprofit kitchen to explore in one building.
Curb to Curb 0.5K Race
Start off the morning with a free Curb to Curb 0.5K Race with Surly Brewing Co. from 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Register early online and attend the Packet Pickup Party the night before from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Friday.
Live Music begins at 8 p.m.
Enjoy live music at The Hall, featuring Rainbow Penley & Jeremy Alvarez.
New food vendors serving food from The Kitchen DSM will be:
- Kids in The Hall — German fare
- Relish — Small plates and charcuterie
- Up in Smoke — Barbecue
Enjoy plenty of drink specials from The Hall and Foundry Distilling Company from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Drink specials served at The Hall:
- $5 bloody marys
- $3.50 mimosas
- $1 off pints and half liters of beer
- $2 off liters of beer
Drink specials served at Foundry Distilling Company:
- $1 off specialty cocktails
- $5 select a la carte cocktails
- BOGO special — Buy one bottle of spirits ($20) and get a shirt or hat 50% off
Alchemy Lounge at Foundry Distilling company opens at 11 a.m.
This is a great opportunity to check out the new members of The Foundry.
Tours of The Kitchen DSM at The Hall start at 1 p.m. and will go every half-hour until 5 p.m.
The Foundry Distillery will give guided tours every hour from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
More on The Hall and Foundry Distilling Co.:
- Iowa’s never seen a food truck beer hall like this before
- Restaurant Review: The Hall delivers a good time once you get to know it
- New kitchens at The Hall give more choices to diners and jobs to homeless and at-risk youth
- Make your own whiskey at this new West Des Moines distillery
- West Des Moines distillery launching new vodka named after Okoboji and made from Iowa corn