Sears and Kmart add additional Black Friday 2019 deals
Americans say they’ll be spending more money on holiday gifts this year. Buzz60
After releasing smaller Black Friday ads than past years earlier this month and announcing more store closings, Sears and Kmart announced a larger "lineup of Black Friday doorbuster and four-day deals."
Along with adding appliance doorbusters to Sears' sale, a new deal added for members of the free Shop Your Way loyalty program is $100 back in points for shoppers who spend "at least $100" on purchases, the company announced in a news release Wednesday.
Both retailers will start their in-store sales on Thanksgiving except where prohibited by state and local laws. Doorbusters will be available in stores during open hours, as well as online all day on Thanksgiving and Black Friday.
The 96 stores included in the Nov. 7 closings list are expected to begin liquidation or going-out-of-business sales Dec. 2 after the Thanksgiving and Black Friday sales. Previously announced closing stores will not participate in the holiday sale, officials confirmed to USA TODAY.
Rewards members also get "early access to all Sears Black Friday doorbusters and deals" at a "Member Private Night" event beginning at 4 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 24.
Early Black Friday madness: Will your favorite stores be open on Thanksgiving?
Black Friday store ads 2019: Get a jump on holiday shopping plans with early look at ads
Kmart stores will be open from 6 a.m. to midnight Thanksgiving and reopen 6 a.m. Black Friday.
Sears stores open at 6 p.m. Thanksgiving and close at midnight, then reopen at 5 a.m. Black Friday.
Kmart Black Friday sale
- Shop Your Way rewards members get $15 cash back in points on purchases of $40 or more.
- Rewards members can get $5 back in points with a $10 purchase of seasonal food gift sets and cosmetics, bath and fragrance gifts.
- Buy one, get one 50% off toys and board games
- Propel 12-foot trampoline with enclosure for $149.99, a $200 savings
- 80% off gold jewelry
- See Kmart's full Black Friday ad here.
Sears Black Friday sale
- Shop Your Way rewards members who spend at least $100 storewide will get $100 back in points.
- Rewards members who spend $50 on clothes and shoes get $20 back.
- Get a coupon for $10 off a qualifying purchase of $10 or more Nov. 24 through Dec. 1. Limit one coupon per member.
- Weighted blanket 15 pounds for $24.99, regularly $59.99.
- NordicTrack C960i for $599, $900 off retail price.
- See Sears' full Black Friday ad here
Store closings 2019: These retailers are closing locations this year
Follow USA TODAY reporter Kelly Tyko on Twitter: @KellyTyko