Target unveils Black Friday 2019 ad with deals on televisions, toys, gift cards and more
Target released Black Friday deals, a 2-day preview sale and the new "HoliDeals" which are savings on thousands of items throughout the season. USA TODAY
Bullseye! One of the most anticipated Black Friday ads of the season has arrived.
Target released its massive holiday ad Wednesday with deals on toys, electronics, gift cards and more at Target.com/BlackFriday. The Minneapolis-based retailer also introduced "HoliDeals" – savings on thousands of items throughout the season – kicks off Friday, Nov. 8 with a two-day Black Friday preview sale.
“This is the busiest time of year for our guests, and with the shortened season, we want to make it as easy as possible for them to cross everything off their holiday list at Target," Rick Gomez, the company's executive vice president, chief marketing and digital officer, said in a statement. “Our expanded Black Friday Preview Sale is just the beginning of a season full of savings."
According to a news release, the preview sale held Friday and Saturday has four times the number of early deals compared to last year including 5% off Target digital gift cards.
Black Friday 2019: The best Black Friday deals you can already get
Costco Black Friday deals: Costco unveils holiday savings with early Black Friday deals, discounts on Apple MacBook, TVs and more
Like last year, Target's Black Friday deals will start online early Thanksgiving morning and stores will open at 5 p.m. Thanksgiving and stay open through 1 a.m. Black Friday. Stores will then reopen at 7 a.m. Black Friday, Nov. 29.
More than 100 select Black Friday deals also will be available all day Wednesday, Nov. 27 for Target RedCard holders. Members of Target Circle, the retailer’s new and free loyalty program, get early access at 6 p.m. Central Time Nov. 27, Target said.
Although select doorbuster deals usually sell out quickly on Thanksgiving, Target is offering an incentive for shopping on Black Friday, too. Like in past years, shoppers who spend $50 in store or online Nov. 29 to get a 20% off coupon to redeem online or in stores Dec. 3-14.
Target also announced it’s making “its biggest investment in guest service for the holidays, adding nearly $50 million more in payroll to ensure team members will be available to assist guests when they are shopping throughout the season, including Black Friday weekend.”
Black Friday preview sale: Nov. 8-9
The preview sale featuring specials from the upcoming Black Friday sale will be held in stores nationwide and on Target.com Friday through 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time Saturday, Nov. 9. Deals include:
- 5% off Target digital gift card purchases
- TCL 40-inch 1080p Smart LED Roku TV for $169.99, regularly $259.99
- Nikon D3500 18-55mm Camera for $399.99, regularly $849.99
- iPhone deal: Get a $200 Target gift card with purchase of the newest generation iPhones.
- Beats Solo3 for $129.99, regularly $299.99
- Dyson V7 Motorhead for $199.99, regularly $299.99
- Instant Pot Nova for $64.95, regularly, $99.95
Thanksgiving and Black Friday deals
- Xbox One S 1TB Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order bundle for $199.99 with free $40 Target gift card, regularly $299.99
- In-store only deal: Westinghouse 50-inch Roku 4K UHD HDR Smart TV for $149.99, regularly $309.99
- Element 65-inch Roku 4k UHD HDR Smart TV for $279.99
- Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS) for $169.99, regularly $199.99
- Keurig K-mini for $49.99, regularly $89.99
- Power 3 Qt Air Fryer for $49.99, regularly $99.99
- 50% off select toys along with buy-one-get-one 50% off other toys
- Black Friday-only deal: Spend $50 in store or online Nov. 29 to get a 20% off coupon to redeem online or in stores Dec. 3-14.
Other upcoming sales and ‘HoliDeals’
After the Black Friday preview sale, Weekend Deals return starting Nov. 16. Here are other upcoming deal days:
- Nov. 16-Dec. 15: Details about upcoming Weekend Deals will be revealed on Tuesdays each week on A Bullseye View, part of Target's corporate website.
- Nov. 27: Black Friday Early Access. RedCard holders get access to more than 100 deals all day. Target Circle members get access to select deals starting at 6 p.m. Central Time.
- Nov. 28-30: Black Friday and doorbusters
- Dec. 1-8: Cyber Week
- Dec. 9: Green Monday
Target Circle guide: Here's what you need to know about the new shopper loyalty program
CVS store closings: CVS announces plans to shutter 22 stores next year
Follow USA TODAY reporter Kelly Tyko on Twitter: @KellyTyko